Ahilyabai Holkar Sheep and Goat Development Scheme
- Establishment of 200 sheep and 400 goat units (10+1) in 03 years for all 13 districts of the state. In the year 2014-15 and 2015-16, 75 sheep and 125 goat unit has been established per year. For the year 2016-17 establishment of 50 sheep and 150 goat units is proposed.
- Biometric registration of approx. 5000 sheep and goat farmers of migratory routes in the state is proposed for assimilation of complete data and information of each farmer in a software/database.
- Organization of multipurpose camps throughout the 95 blocks in the state. In the year 2014-15 two camps per block have been organized. For the year 2015-16 four camps per block have been held. Four camps per block have been proposed for the year 2016-17.
- Exposure visit for farmer- In the year 2014-15, 60 farmers throughout the state were taken to exposure visits to the various renowned sheep and goat central institutes of the country, Central Sheep and Wool Research Institute (CSWRI) Avikanagar, Central Sheep Breeding Farm (CSBF) Hissar. For the year 2015-16, 70 sheep and goat farmers were taken to Central Institute for Research on Goats (CIRG) Makhdoom, Mathura, CSWRI and CSBF. 70 sheep and goat farmers have been proposed for exposure visit for the year 2016-17.
- Training and Skill Development – USWDB aims to train the progressive farmers of the state with new methods in sheep and goat husbandry. Under this project, in the year 2014-15 one day training and skill development programme was organized at Pashulok Rishikesh where 98 sheep and goat farmers were benefitted. Similar training was organized for the farmers of kumaon region at Bhainswara Training Centre Almora. In the year 2015-16 one day training and skill development programme was again organized at Pashulok Rishikesh where 90 sheep and goat farmers participated. Trainings were also organized in Tehri Garhwal, Chamoli, Champawat districts of the state. It is proposed to organized similar trainings in the year 2016-17.
- Additional facilities like tents and mattresses were also provided to the migratory sheep and goat farmers to help them in harsh climatic condition during migration of their livestock. In the year 2014-15, 440 tents alongwith 1760 mattresses were distributed to the farmers. 474 tents and 948 mattresses were provided to the shepherds in the year 2015-16. USWDB proposes to distribute 500 tents and 1000 mattresses in the year 2016-17.