Improving the Livelihood of Sheep Breeders Using 5 Mobile Veterinary Van On Migratory Routes
Sponsored by:- Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY)
- To provide facilities of treatment, healthcare, vaccination, drenching, dipping, castration and artificial insemination to the farmers of sheep dense populated districts of Pithoragarh, Bageshwar, Uttarkashi, Chamoli and Tehri Garhwal.
- To facilitate the farmers/shepherds during their summer and winter migration to districts of Almora, Nainital, Champawat, Udhamsingh Nagar, Rudraprayag, Pauri, Dehradun.
- Providing laboratory diagnosis facility for the livestock of the farmers through organization of mobile veterinary camps.
- Promotion and training of machine shearing of sheep during shearing seasons through organization of machine shearing camps.
Facilities being provided in the fully equipped mobile veterinary van
- GPS Tracking system
- Blood, Fecal, Skin scraping laboratory diagnosis
- Shearing Machine with generator.
- Refrigerator for cold chain maintenance of vaccines.
- Loudspeaker with mike available for organization of camp.